You need to be seen as active in the social media space, but this does require time.
According to the 2017 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 64% of marketing teams report allocating upwards of six or additional hours every week on social media. For the solopreneur, small business owner, or small professional practice this is time better spent on growing your business.
Here are some interesting pieces of information about the social space:
- In excess of 3 billion people are connected to the web globally, and over 2.5 billion are using social media in some form
- Social Media has 30 million UK users per day on mobile devices alone
- Facebook now has more than 2 billion monthly active users, as reported in The Telegraph
- Following Facebook in popularity are Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- The single most important form of content by marketers for their business are visual images and blogging, depending on your core focus; consumer or business
The advantages of social media as a marketing tool are indisputable. However social media for business is not just simply posting some messages on Twitter and Facebook randomly, as and when you happen to feel the need.
Big brands have been in the fortunate position of handing over their social media activity to specialist agencies, freeing up their time to focus on the necessary business of growing that bottom line.
However, outsourcing social media needn’t be exclusive to big businesses. Small and medium-sized businesses are able to benefit from similar advantages, albeit on a smaller scale.
So, we ask again “Why Small Business Should Use a Social Media Agency” like Kalan Media? Because we work with the smaller business.
For the solopreneur and small business owner who are already dedicating most of their time to business development and operations, finding spare hours to strategise and dedicate to social media is often tough. That’s why outsourcing your social media management to a knowledgeable third-party is so vital – it will take one key business-building task off your plate.
Not only can your social media manager unlock crucial hours, they also remove the additional cost of employing a staff member to do it for you. That includes savings on salaries, operational costs, employee benefit costs, etc.
In general (and within reason), the more frequently you are able to post to your social media channels, the better engagement and ROI you should see. This might include dedicating around an hour on a daily basis to monitoring your social channels, posting relevant content, taking part in conversations and growing your following within the process. All of which can be done for you when using a social media management agency.
What are you able to outsource to a social media manager?
- Your social media strategy – Together with posting frequency, content type, keyword research, influencer research etc
- Set-up consistent branding of new or existing social profiles – consistent branding and voice across all of your channels is crucial
- Sharing and commenting on third-party posts that are relevant to your brand
- Engaging in conversations with different users – be it existing or potential customers
- Social media monitoring – keeping a lookout for mentions of your company and interacting with those posts
- Social customer service – responding to queries or complaints from users
- Following relevant industry influencers or potential business customers/clients
- Content marketing – assisting to develop your own original images, memes, articles, blogs and resources that may be promoted on social media
- Newsletter marketing – a round-up of your company news and most well-liked social posts and interactions
How does one begin with a social media manager?
- Firstly, you must want to grow your business. If you’ve been reading this post up to here, chances are high that we are able to accept this is so.
- Whether you have already got some social media profiles, or are only just starting out, gather a listing of all of your online profiles (including log-in information).
Your social media manager will review your social profiles with you and recommend a strategy to grow your following and engagement rate.
The 2017 Social Media Marketing Industry Report found:
- 88% of respondents saw an improved exposure from using social media
- 78% reported improved website traffic
- 69% saw a rise in customer loyalty.
- 91% of businesses indicated that six or more hours that were spent on social media per week produced the best exposure for his or her business.
Your small business can see similar successes by using a social media management company, like Kalan Media, who specialises in online content and social media marketing.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail, you can speak with a member of the team at Kalan Media by calling 01794 746360 or 07852 801110, or you can use our contact form here